Why CAP is Crucial
The Iron Triangle of career politicians, bureaucrats and lobbyists for Big Government special interests has a grip on the legislative process and electoral system in Pennsylvania. The effects of the Iron Triangle are painfully clear; the massive weight of state government on employers and taxpayers is crushing our standard of living.
- Pennsylvania’s per-capita burden of state and local debt is 2nd highest in the nation.
- We rank 49th in job growth out of all 50 states (1970 – 2009).
- Rank 46th in personal income growth out of all 50 states (1970 – 2009).
- We have the 11th heaviest burden of state and local taxes in the U.S.
- PA Government spending has increased from $4.2 billion to over $65 billion — double the growth of inflation and population growth combined!
This is our past – but it does not have to be our future! By breaking the Iron Triangle of career politicians, bureaucrats and lobbyists for Big Government, we can reduce the size and scope of government in our lives, and empower employers and taxpayers with the freedom to prosper!