Why CAP is Crucial
The Iron Triangle of career politicians, bureaucrats and lobbyists for Big Government special interests has a grip on the legislative process and electoral system in Pennsylvania. The effects of the Iron Triangle are painfully clear; the massive weight of state government on employers and taxpayers is crushing our standard of living.
- Pennsylvania’s per-capita burden of state and local debt is 15th highest in the nation.
- We rank 42nd in job growth out of all 50 states (2013-2018).
- Ranks 35th for fiscal health out of all 50 states (2018).
- We have the 15th heaviest burden of state and local taxes in the U.S.
- PA Government spending has increased from $4.2 billion to over $84 billion since 1970 — double the growth of inflation and population growth combined!
This is our past – but it does not have to be our future! By breaking the Iron Triangle of career politicians, bureaucrats and lobbyists for Big Government, we can reduce the size and scope of government in our lives, and empower employers and taxpayers with the freedom to prosper!